Electronic Arts Tiburon
On NCAA College Football 2007 I served as the title’s Technical Artist.
My highlights were:
- Getting all of our pipelines set up on the art side for a first-year title
- Remaking and automating the uniform generation process again. See right here! :
- Writing lots and lots of data management tools for artists. Next Gen has a lot of data!
- Writing, fixing, and tweaking our in-game HLSL shaders
My main areas of work for shaders were:
- Making sure things came in respecting the game lighting in a balanced way
- Helping Lighting team achieve the lighting and environment effects they wanted
- Making sure the skin and faces looked like they were lighting correctly, but also retaining detail in the bright and shadowed areas
- Jerseys – balancing lighting within the shader to prevent blowout and loss of detail
- Shadows – fixing and tweaking the players’ shadows on the field and other objects
- Helmets – making helmet reflections and pridestickers look good in all conditions
- Artist workflow issues – Making sure the shaders all worked in the way that artists need