At Monolith, as a Technical Artist my main activities are:
- Research and prototype new content production techniques, tools, and shaders to support art direction and design needs
- Develop and support new tools and processes for our art team to keep up with the latest technology
- Train art team on new pipelines, write and maintain pipeline documentation
- Act as a bridge between team members in distant disciplines
- Communicate technical concepts to the art team and artistic needs to the engineering team.
While not on the main Guardians of Middle Earth team, I created many of tools, shaders, and systems that their World Art team used for the game. I trained and supported any world artist requiring it, and maintained the tools and provided support throughout development.